Wednesday 18 March 2015

Travel Diary : Prague




 We are slowly approaching the end of March and I've been lucky enough to so far achieve my goal of travelling more in 2015! The year started with a trip to China, and last week I went on a little trip to Prague, Czech Republic. A big fan of city breaks and visiting beautiful cities in general, this was on my list of European cities to visit and it certainly didn't disappoint. I don't think I've ever really been let down by the various cities I have travelled to, but with Prague, I didn't really know what to expect, which made it all the more enjoyable whilst I was there. If you're a lover of history, beautiful architecture, good food, little streets, and perfect scenery then Prague is definitely for you. I wanted to share some of my pictures, and just like my Guangzhou, China post do a little list of things to do whilst your there. Whether you've never been to Prague and just want to get an insight into the things you might enjoy doing whilst there, or you've been before and want to remember the fun memories.. keep reading :) 
x


 The obligatory 'view from the plane' shot.. I never get tired of seeing these.. 




 1. Visit the old town.
Okay so it's pretty much a given, but aside from just seeing the clock tower and the other beautiful buildings surrounding the old town square, it's also nice to wander around a little. Side streets gave way to cute little shops and cafes which are always worth visiting, as well as the various street performers and lovely atmosphere. Cafe's and restaurants on the square are always going to be a little more pricey than your average place, but with Prague being quite a cheap place to visit, I still found the various places lining the square affordable, and promptly decided on 'Oliva Verde' a predominantly Italian place with heaters, blankets and simple but yummy food.



If you're there on the hour, make sure you see the little show, it's nothing impressive but there's some music and people peeping their little faces out of the clock :)

Then...     2. Wander over Charles Bridge and keep walking!!...



I am wearing     Hat-H&M   Scarf-H&M   Jacket-Zara   Trousers-Zara 
           Boots-Topshop   Bag-Marc by Marc Jacobs.



You might find my ultimate heaven.. a 'gingerbread' museum!! A must visit if you're a baking and gingerbread fan like me :) squee


3. You also need to visit Prague castle

This was thrown in on our bus tour, which we were lucky enough to get free with our package. However, city bus tours tend to be affordable and a must do if you're looking for an easy way to see the sights and hop off when you feel like it.  The castle is a beautiful place with the church, the architecture and the spectacular views all on offer here :)








Other things to do..
Visit the Gingerbread Museum.   Wander around the Jewish Quarter.  Visit restaurant 'Kogo' for amazing and affordable Italian food.   Munch on some 'Trdelnik' a Czech sweet pastry.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natasha's Little Life.. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig