Thursday 14 May 2015

Spring/Summer Essentials Series: Beauty





Even though we aren't exactly blessed with great weather in the UK, yesterday was an unexpectedly warm day, and got me thinking all about summer and what I'll be wearing and using over these next coming (hopefully sunshiney) months. I thought I'd put together a few posts detailing all these essentials, ranging from fashion and beauty. Today I'm talking beauty, and as I rarely find products I reaally love, I can't wait to talk about them, so lets get started..

Bliss lemon and sage body scrub



Scholl Express Pedi Velvet Smooth
I've had this for about a year now and despite worrying I might have to replace the little roller, I've had no such problem. Did I mention I'm super lazy? This really is the perfect product for that, and when it's not always convenient to get a pedicure, or you're making the transition from winter to summer, its so easy for transforming your feet ready for summer time.

Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Scrub
ANY body scrub is usually on my summer essentials list simply because I love to have fresh, smooth skin before I get in the sun. I received this as a gift in a set for Christmas, and it hardly looks like I've touched it! I love the fresh, yet not overpowering scent, and the fact that it isn't harsh or abrasive like some body scrubs.

Essie-Mint Candy Apple Nail Varnish
I'm a huge fan of all things Essie, and this colour is no exception. My go to colour in the summer from any brand, is usually mint green, I literally can't get enough. This Essie one is perfect, lasts for ages and gives the most gorgeous glossy shine. It also looks extra pretty with a top coat of glitter.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
This is my number one essential all year round, its a necessity for me in summer just as much as it is in winter. The sun can sometimes dry my lips out, and this is the NUMBER 1 lip product that lasts forever, moisturises them and just works wonders. It's also great for general dry patches and little burns, perfect for the summer months.

EOS Lip Balms
For the days when I'm taking a super small bag, or clutch, my eight hour cream isn't the most practical, so when my lips are in pretty good condition, EOS lip balms are my go to. This 'Summer Fruit' one, smells just like that, a mixture between melon, fresh berries and fruity drinks. It smells yummy I almost want to eat it.

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask.
I definitely suffer from the dreaded increase in oily skin over the hotter months, and whilst I try to control it by wearing minimal make up, cleansing well and exfoliating on a regular basis, I definitely need this deep cleansing mask to keep the problem at bay. Even just applying it to my t-zone only leaves my skin looking a lot clearer, fresher, and just more even, so this is definitely a summer staple for oily skin sufferers.

MAC Lustre Passion Charge Lipstick.
When the warmer weather hits, I'm definitely more of a balm and a gloss person, but if I had to choose a staple summer lipstick, it would be this. It came in my cute little 'All about coral' set I got for my birthday, with a similar matching gloss, and both of them are perfect for day time, giving just the right amount of colour, but nothing to matte and over the top.

Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser.
Another Liz Earle product perfect for the summer months and #oilyprobs. I love thick moisturisers, but come summer I like something a little more light that doesn't leave my skin feeling overly greasy. It's still important to moisturise so my skin doesn't produce even more oil, but I definitely prefer a lighter consistency like this one. 

I'm keeping these spring/summer series' coming over the next few weeks, make sure to check back for more of these, alongside regular posting again! 

What are your spring/summer beauty essentials?
X


P.S apologies for any blurry pictures, I think Blogger is having a few pic problems! x


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Natasha's Little Life.. | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig